K4LST QTH Current WX

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Worked Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) - TU5PCT


A little bit earlier, I was trying to make contact with Norfolk Island on 17m but I never could get a reply.  When they suddenly disappeared from 17m, I went to 20m to see if they relocated there. I didn't see them, but I did find something interesting.  I saw TU5PCT show up in WSJT-X in deep purple from Cote D'Ivoire.  I knew it was something I needed to work! I couldn't pronounce the name and naturally had no idea where it was.  Those always make the best contacts Hi Hi!  I had a bit of trouble working them for some reason.  I would call a few times and get a reply, but then it would fall apart before we could finish the contact. This happened 3 times, but finally on the 4th try I was able to complete the contact and get them in the log!


Ivory Coast is a country located on the south coast of West Africa. Ivory Coast's political capital is Yamoussoukro in the center of the country, while its economic capital and largest city is the port city of Abidjan. It borders Guinea to the northwest, Liberia to the west, Mali to the northwest, Burkina Faso to the northeast, Ghana to the east, and the Gulf of Guinea (Atlantic Ocean) to the south.

73 and good DX de W4LSG sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts