K4LST QTH Current WX

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Has the XE1C/MM Ship Sailed?

Last night, I was tuning around on 40m and ran across an interesting QSO.  XE1C/MM was talking with another station and explaining that /MM was for Maritime Mobile.  I instantly thought that was a cool concept.  He was telling the other guy that by checking his QRZ page, he could see his operating conditions aboard the ship as well as pictures of the ship.  I checked out the QRZ page myself.  To my surprise, the ship he was operating from was the Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas!  Being a huge cruise fan, I was even more interested and very hopeful to work him.  He was using an Icom IC7300 into a double bazooka antenna that hangs above the top deck and transmitting from somewhere between St. Maarten and Florida!

He worked a couple people, switching between English and Spanish.  Unfortunately, I was not able to catch a QSO with him.  I hope to run across him again sometime and get him in the log. I hope the XE1C/MM ship has not sailed without me! hi hi

73 de KG4LST sk

XE1C





Harmony of the Seas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts