K4LST QTH Current WX

Sunday, January 28, 2018

W1AW - A Right of Passage for Ham Operators

Since I became aware that there was a radio station at the ARRL Headquarters, I always thought that it would be cool to contact that station and get it in my log.  I finally got that privilege on 12/29/2017!  I worked them again today during the Winter Field Day contest!  It's still great fun to hear that station and the pileup they normally will cause.  I'll try to work them any time I hear them or see them on the DX cluster.  I've sent a paper QSL with SASE and I'm hoping to get one back to hang in the shack.
UPDATE: I received a QSL card!  See image at the bottom.

Next on the list is to be on the other side of the QSO and take a trip to Connecticut and operate the W1AW station for myself!  Maybe I can do a quick road trip with Brandon (KN4HDZ)

73 de KG4LST sk

W1AW - Hiram Percy Maxim Memorial Ham Radio Station @ ARRL HQ, Hartford CT


W1AW QSL Card

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts