K4LST QTH Current WX

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Worked Kuwait - 9K2HS


This morning, the bands were in excellent shape.  I made many enjoyable contacts.  One that was very special to me was Hamed, 9K2HS in Kuwait. I had never worked Kuwait before.  I saw Hamed spotted on the DX cluster so I tuned over.  I didn't want to tune up the amp on 15m, but I did dial my Yagi in on him to the best of my ability.  I gave him a call with just 100w (phone) and to my surprise, he picked me up and returned a RST of 59+.  Hamed was also 59+ and a very pleasant operator.  At over 7,000 miles away, I was glad to finally get Kuwait in the log!

Kuwait is a country in Western Asia. Situated in the northern edge of Eastern Arabia at the tip of the Persian Gulf, it shares borders with Iraq and Saudi Arabia.


73 and good DX de KG4LST sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts