K4LST QTH Current WX

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Worked Burundi - 9U5R


 I got a spot from our local DX group showing 9U5R in Burundi on 40m FT8.  I tuned my radio and was decoding them pretty well.  I gave several calls and got a response.  However due to changing conditions, I lost the decode of their signal before getting to the 73.  So what is a guy to do?  My OCD brain refused to log it.  I continued to try to work them again as their signal came back.  No luck.  I somehow managed to find their clublog recent worked stations and saw that my callsign was in fact listed.  A bit later, I found that they had updated their clublog and queried it for my callsign.  There it was!  Logged on 40m!  

Now what?  I didn't log it and therefor didn't have the details.  So I explored my WSJT-X all.txt files and found the QSO.  That gave me the timestamp and signal reports for the log.  Now I've got them in there!  Burundi was an ATNO for me!

Burundi (#64 on the Clublog most wanted list) is a landlocked country in the Great Rift Valley at the junction between the African Great Lakes region and East Africa. It is bordered by Rwanda to the north, Tanzania to the east and southeast, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the west.

73 and good DX de K4LST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts