K4LST QTH Current WX

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Worked Japan on 12m SSB Phone - JE1RXJ

JE1RXJ Antennas

For some reason, I find great joy in working the many skilled operators in Japan.  When I first got on HF, I deemed Japan and Australia as my 2 most wanted countries.  I first worked Japan on 20m SSB phone in January of 2018 with 100w and a wire antenna.  I've since worked many Japanese stations on FT8 and SSB.  Recently, I've found that 10m and 12m FT8 yielded many Japanese stations too.  About 7:30PM, I was tuning through the 12m SSB band when I found JE1RXJ "Tack"-san working US stations. I only had 100w and a OCF dipole, but made a call to him anyway.  He returned quickly and made a nice QSO.  This was my first time working Japan on 12m SSB phone!  I think his antenna did most of the work...and possibly solar cycle 25.  None the less, it was a fun contact and I thought it was worth sharing.

K4LST to JE1RXJ

73 and good DX de K4LST sk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts