K4LST QTH Current WX

Monday, April 30, 2018

Worked Kazakhstan - UN7FU

I tuned the radio around a little last night as the bands were rapidly changing and causing QSB on most signals. I opened WSJT-X and started watching 20m FT8.  There were a few stations from China calling CQ. Since I've never worked China, I tried several times to make contact with those stations.  Sadly, that was unsuccessful.  Then I saw UN7FU in Kazakhstan call CQ.  I wasn't 100% sure where that was but since I knew I hadn't worked them before, I wanted to give it a shot.  So after a few replies to his CQ call, I finally made contact with the station! 

Nickolay, UN7FU - Kazakhstan 


Over 6,300 miles away from my QTH, Kazahkstan is the world's largest landlocked country, and the ninth largest in the world.  It shares borders with Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan, and also adjoins a large part of the Caspian Sea.

Line drawn from QTH of KG4LST to UN7FU


Another great contact in the log and hope to work UN7FU on other bands and/or modes some day!

73 de KG4LST sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts