K4LST QTH Current WX

Monday, May 21, 2018

Worked Iceland - TF3PPN

A while back, I saw a station in Iceland on 17m FT8 and was unable to work them.  I did work Greenland that day!  More than a month later, I saw TF3PPN in Iceland calling CQ on 20m FT8.  To my surprise, I was able to get a response quickly and work the QSO all the way to 73 with no issues!  The station was very loud on me at a +01 and gave me a signal report of -05.

KG4LST QTH in Georgia to TF3PPN QTH in Iceland


Iceland is a Nordic island country in the North Atlantic, with a population of 348,580 and an area of 40,000 square miles, making it the most sparsely populated country in Europe.  I'm glad to have both Greenland and Iceland in the log.  At over 3,200 miles, Iceland makes 136 countries that I've worked since setting up my current station in October of 2017!

73 and good DX de KG4LST sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts