K4LST QTH Current WX

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Worked New Caledonia - FK8GX

I was busy yesterday setting up my new Daiwa CN-901HP meter.  Once it was hooked up, I wanted to do some testing and make sure that it was within calibration.  I tuned to the 20m FT8 frequency so I could work a few stations and test the meter. 

It just so happened that FK8GX in New Caledonia showed up calling CQ.  I had seen a station from New Caledonia before on FT8 (quite possibly the same station), but was unable to work them.  I noticed the signal was -04 which seemed very workable.  I called for FK8GX and got a reply quickly!  We worked all the way to the 73s and he gave me a signal report of -13.  Not too bad for 50watts into a dipole and contacting a station 8,200+ miles away.

KG4LST to FK8GX
New Caledonia is a special collectivity of France in the southwest Pacific Ocean, 750 miles east of Australia.

Unfortunately, that was all I had time for on the radio last night. I had some other things to do and I went QRT with a new country in the log and knowing that my new meter is working fine.

73 and good DX de KG4LST sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts