K4LST QTH Current WX

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Worked Rwanda - 9X9PJ


After moving my shack to a different room in my house, I wanted to get on the air and make sure that everything was in good working order.  I reconnected my antennas and checked the SWR.  Everything looked good!

I saw a spot on the DX Cluster for Rwanda on 17m phone.  I changed to the frequency 18.155 mHz USB and listened.  Sure enough, somewhat in the noise, there was Peter Jewitt - 9X9PJ!  I knew I'd need my Ameritron AL-811H to make the contact, so I moved a few kHz off the frequency and tuned up the amp.  When I returned, I called a few times and got a reply.  Peter was about a 53 on me but even with the amp only gave me an RST of 43.  I still consider that a great contact of over 7,600 miles on the 17m band!  I'm also pleased that the QSO has already been confirmed by Peter on QRZ!

9X9PJ in Rwanda
Rwanda is a sovereign state in Central and East Africa and one of the smallest countries on the African mainland. Located a few degrees south of the Equator, Rwanda is bordered by Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Rwanda is in the African Great Lakes region and is highly elevated; its geography is dominated by mountains in the west and savanna to the east, with numerous lakes throughout the country. The climate is temperate to subtropical, with two rainy seasons and two dry seasons each year. [wiki]

73 de KG4LST sk

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm just now seeing this comment Peter! Thanks for the QSO and stopping by my blog! 73!

      Delete

Popular Posts