K4LST QTH Current WX

Thursday, June 14, 2018

3 New Countries and More FIFA Stations - ER18FIFA, HD18FIFA, TC179JAN, JY4CI, OD5ZZ, SV9KRU

I spent part of yesterday evening playing radio.  I only made about 12 contacts in total.  But the contacts were pretty good in my opinion! I worked 3 new countries and more FIFA World Cup Special Event Stations.

I worked ER18FIFA in Moldova, HD18FIFA in Ecuador, TC179JAN in Turkey, and JY4CI in Jordan (new country) all on 20m SSB voice.  Then I switched over to 20m FT8 while I participated in the local ARES net on 2m.  On FT8 I made contact with TA6P in Turkey, several stateside stations, E74EBL in Bosnia, then OD5ZZ in Lebanon (new country).

I was about to go QRT for the night when I saw SV9RKU in Crete (new country) spotted on the DX cluster on 20m SSB voice.  I called for Gil and made contact.

KG4LST QSO map from 6/13/2018

What a fun afternoon of DX and multi-mode operating!

73 and good DX de KG4LST sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts