K4LST QTH Current WX

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Worked Grenada Football World Cup 2018 Special Call - J32FIFA

I had a good time yesterday on the air.  It was one of those days that I ended up having QSOs on every radio that I own.  While I was working some 20m FT8, I saw a spot on the DX cluster showing Grenada.  I had never worked Grenada before so I finished my FT8 QSO, and tuned over to the extra class phone portion of the band.  I had some pretty heavy QRM, but I was able to copy J32FIFA pretty well.  59 in fact.  I turned on my amplifier and I listened for a few minutes.  I heard him call "J32FIFA QRZ listening up 2", I set the split frequency, and I called.  After only 2 calls, he returned and gave me a 59 report as well.  I'm always glad to work a new country and special event stations!

KG4LST to J32FIFA


Grenada is a sovereign state in the southeastern Caribbean Sea consisting of the island of Grenada and six smaller islands at the southern end of the Grenadines island chain. It is located northwest of Trinidad and Tobago, northeast of Venezuela and southwest of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Its size is 134.6 sq miles, and it had an estimated population of 107,317 in 2016.

73 and good DX de KG4LST sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts