K4LST QTH Current WX

Monday, June 18, 2018

Fun Father's Day Weekedend DX on 6m and 10m

For some reason on Saturday morning, my eyes popped open fairly early.  By 7:30AM I was already playing radio for a few hours before I had to do some yard work.

I noticed that the E-Skip was rolling again and checked out 6m.  My first contact of the day at 7:42AM was CT1GVN in Portugal on 6m FT8.  I worked a few more stateside before jumping over to 10m FT8.  There I saw and worked EI7HDB in Ireland and F5RJM in France!

I moved to the voice portion of 10m and had a few fairly lengthy QSO's with some stateside stations.  It was enjoyable to make those contacts during this low part of the sunspot cycle and without much QSB.

On Sunday (Father's Day), I went back to 6m for a bit and worked VP5DR in Turks and Caicos and CU3EQ in Azores.

The contacts I made over the weekend were very exciting.  At over 4,100 miles, Portugal is now my furthest contact on 6m and I think Ireland is my furthest on 10m.

KG4LST 6m and 10m contacts from 6/16/18 and 6/17/18
73 and good DX de KG4LST sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts