K4LST QTH Current WX

Friday, July 27, 2018

Worked Malta - 9H5BZ

I haven't had as much time to play on HF lately as I'd like.  But such is life.  Last night, I found a little time and turned on the radio.  I have the OCF dipole connected to ANT2 and ANT1 is conntected to the Ameritron amplifier and then then the Mosley beam. I saw a spot on the DX cluster for Malta on 20m SSB.  I had not previously worked Malta and I love getting new countries in the log.  I listened on my dipole and heard 9H5BZ from 5,200+ miles away at about 4 by 5 (RST). I switched to the beam and turned it to about 55 degrees and was able to copy at 5 by 7.  I turned on the amp and I gave him a call.  He picked me up quickly and he gave me a 59 RST!  I'm still loving the beam!

9H5BZ
Malta is a Southern European island country consisting of an archipelago in the Mediterranean Sea. It lies 50 miles south of Italy, 176 miles east of Tunisia, and 207 miles north of Libya.  Malta is one of the world's smallest and most densely populated countries.

KG4LST to 9H5BZ
73 and good DX de KG4LST sk

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to work me. Ham Radio is a fulfilling hobby that help me interact with most parts of the World. Thanks to you we managed to make a very good QSO. take care from 9H5BZ.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts