K4LST QTH Current WX

Friday, July 20, 2018

Worked Vanuatu - YJ0GA

I just got my Mosley triband beam and tower finished...today.  Even though there are some odds and ends that need to be finished up.  The antenna is usable.  While testing it out late in the night, I was practicing turning the rotor toward the direction I want to hear.  I had pointed it towards Australia (according to the HRD Rotor program) and I did start seeing some Australian stations showing up in the FT8 software.  I worked a couple and then I saw Vanuatu!  As usual, I had no idea where that was and I had not worked that entity before!  I called them with 50watts and got a reply!  At over 7,900 miles away, that QSO confirmed that my beam seemed to be working well.

Vanuatu is a Pacific island nation located in the South Pacific Ocean. The archipelago, which is of volcanic origin, is 1,090 miles east of northern Australia, 340 miles northeast of New Caledonia, east of New Guinea, southeast of the Solomon Islands, and west of Fiji.

KG4LST to YJ0GA


73 and good DX de KG4LST sk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts